1. 2 cups Handvo flour mix, or coarsly grind 1 cup rice and 1 cup mix of all daals such as tuvar daal ,urad daal, chana daal.masoor daal, moong daal.use all skinless
2. 1/4 cups yogurt ( dahi)
3. 1 cup zucchini ( dhudhi )
4. 4 tbsp oil
5. 1 tbsp sanchal (papad kharo ) or 1/2 tsp soda bi card
6. 1 tsp ENO
7. 1 tsp each ginger and green chilli paste. ( aadu march lasan paste )
8. 1/4 tsp cumin powder
9. 1/4 tsp coriander powder
10. 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
11. 1tbsp sugar
12. salt to taste
FOR TEMPERING :-
1. 2 tbsp oil
2. 1 tbsp mustard seeds.( rai )
3. a pinch of hing ( asafoeitida)
4. curry patta.
1. Take Handvo flour mix in a big bowl(if using rice and daal then wash and soak the rice and dals together for 4 to 5 hours. Drain and keep aside. Grind to a paste)
Add all ingredients except Vegetabe, ENO and tempering ingredients and mix everything very well to make kind batter consistancy.
2. Allow to ferment overnight or at least 6-8 hrs.
3. Next day or after fermentation is complete, add grated zucchini or any vegetable that you like, also at this time, add ENO and mix very well.
Preheat oven to 180 F if baking.
4. Pour the prepared batter into baking tray or mold.
5. Now prepare tadka(Tempering)-Heat oil into wok or small pan, when oil is done add mustard seeds.
When mustard seeds are spluttered completely, turn off the stove and put the wok on side and let the tadka get little warm or cool. When warm enough or cool, add asafoetida and curry patta.
6. Pour tadka onto batter.
7. Bake for about 20 mins (If cooking on tava, then heat oil in the big pan. Add mustard seeds.
When mustard seeds are spluttered completely, add asafoetida and curry patta , and then spread batter evenly only 1″ thick and cook till both sides are brown. Cover the tava with lid to cook nice and even)
8. When done serve hot or cold. It taste great anytime.